Sign in to follow this  
Tarunes

GameMaster Application

1 post in this topic

1) Age?

2) What are your In-game character names [Names that players would most know you by]?

Keep Or Tarunes

3) How long have you currently been with us on HavocWoW and what are your contributions up to this point?

Account was created on the 2018/4/10. I've only donated and just helped as a general player answering questions In-Game and Discord 

4) What is your timezone?

GMT+10

5) How many hours do you spend In-game on a day to day basis?

Give or take 3-4 hours every afternoon during the week. Weekends can be longer.

6) Have or do you currently play Retail, if so; how long and which expansions?

Started playing Retail when Wrath came out, stopped at legion with breaks inbetween every expansion.

7) Have you ever been banned In-Game or on the Forums? If so; specify the reason and duration.

No.

8.)Have you ever made another application(s) on HavocWoW before? If so; please provide a link to the thread and details.

No.

9) Do you have any previous Gamemaster experience and how fluent are you with Trinity Core commands?

None. I'm sure I could pick up the commands very quickly.

10) Why do you feel that you would be a good addition to the HavocWoW Staff Team and what do you bring to an already thriving Staff Team?

My work life is very much a team environment and heavily relies on every member to thrive, I feel I could bring those qualities to the team and also an active, positive, attitude towards the Staff team to help out within the community. Also being an Australian player I feel the timezone difference could help out when the other team members are sleeping or at work. 

11) Briefly describe yourself within 350 or less words. (Please include your first name, where you live, your personal interests and your age).

My first name is Jay, I'm 23 and I'm from Australia. I love travelling, been to numerous countries and will continue to plan more holidays In the future. I love motorbike riding, camping etc. Very much like the outdoors and adventuring.

12)Approximately how many hours weekly are you willing to dedicate if you are hired ?

Approximately 20-30 hours. Mostly the hours are the non-peak time. I do have a work/social life.

13)What qualities do you possess that can be beneficial for our server ?

I've been apart of a management team with work, so I've dealt with work members/public people so I could bring qualities towards the team and community, Also just helping out with general duties that a GameMaster is required to do. 

14)What would you do if a player is doing something wrong and yet there is no rule against it ?

Whisper the player and have a talk and explain the situation to him, warn him about whats happening and report the issue to other GM's and Admins.

15)What would you do if you catch a player being disrespectful towards a staff member ?

Warn the player that It's against the rules, taking note of the Player's name for future reference. Talk to the other Staff Member's as well, to see their opinion on the situation, Mute him If necessary.

16)Can you, please briefly outline the contributions you currently make to the Community ?

So far I've donated to help out. Also helping out players with questions in-game as well as on discord.

17)If you get accepted, can you please tell us on which position would you like to emphasize on? Is it GM or DEV/CC ? Why ?

It would be GM, so I could hopefully cover the timezone difference, I feel I'm on when its night/morning for the other GM's and I think It would be beneficial to the team If they had an oceanic player on and active at these times. 

18)Everyone has their own definition of ''teamwork''. What is yours ?

For me, Teamwork is everybody working towards the common goal. Everybody sharing their skills and opinions to help out the community or Staff Team. Everybody works differently and has a different way of doing things, If everybody shares that knowledge Teamwork functions a lot better and efficiently 

19) Anything you would like to add? (optional question)

If The Staff Team could notify me regardless of the outcome and explain why, would be great.

Scenario Questions [Mandatory]

1. A Player makes a ticket asking you to give him items because he is unable to get them himself, such as original Legendary Weapons, how do you respond?

If It's non beneficial to himself and purely cosmetics, I'd ask a higher ranking member If this is allowed. If not just explain the reason why he Isn't allowed to have these items. 

2. You have muted a player for being disrespectful towards the Staff, he then makes a Ticket cussing, insulting and persistently insults you and/or other staff members, what do you do?

I'd screen shot the messages and ban the player for a day or two as It's In the rules to not insult Havoc-WoW Staff Members. Also show higher ranking Staff Members If needed.

3. You find a player hacking on our Server, what do you do to minimize the situation, if you're unable to ban him?

I'd paralyse the player with the command, notify somebody who is able to ban the player and also record the situation for future reference. 

4. Your friends are asking you to host an Event so they're able to get a new mount or another available reward they currently do not have, how do you proceed? 

I'd ask If I'm aloud to host such events with those rewards from above. If aloud yes. Or if the mount or reward is obtainable in-game, explain to him that there's that option to get the reward without an event. 

5. You first come online and you notice that there are 2 other Staff Members online yet there is still a high number of tickets active but have remained un-answered, what would you do to help but avoid the same situation in the future?

Just answer tickets regardless of the other Staff Members, obviously there busy and there's clearly a reason they aren't answering tickets. Once the tickets are answered just ask them what was the issue and try to resolve It between ourselves. 

Sign in to follow this