Tide

Tide - Dev (+ CC) App

2 posts in this topic

Hello everybody!

1. What is my age?
My birthday is the 9th August 2000 ergo I'm 18 years old.

2. My well-known in-game character names:
Everyone that knows me calls me "Tide", some also call me "Tight" on my GM character.

3. How long have I currently been with you on HavocWoW and what are my contributions up to this point?
On 23rd October I startey playing on Havoc, became a TGM on 2nd December and passed my 8 day-trial successfully. Since then I supported, sanctioned the bad guys, helped players and worked on a dev-project for HavocWoW.

4. What is my timezone?
UTC+1 (UTC+2 in the summer) as in Germany (Europe).

5. How many hours do I spend in-game on a day to day basis?
I'm always online while coding and at all that is around 10 hours per day from Monday to Thursday. I'm usually unavailable from Friday to Sunday.

6. Have or do I currently play Retail?
No, I did still never play Retail.

7. Have I ever been banned in-game or on the forums?
No, I still have never been banned anywhere HavocWoW-related.

8. Have I ever made another application on HavocWoW before?
Yes, I did apply as a GM and the application got approven: https://forum.havoc-wow.com/index.php?/topic/701-tide-gm-app/

9. Do I have any previous Gamemaster experience and how fluent am I with Trinity Core commands?
A long time ago I was GM on Exilium-Network (a German WotLk server) until my time was too little to fulfill my tasks and responsibilites. After I resigned and some time passed I was part of the Administration on Laenalith-WoW (another German server) and also helped with their website. My last stage as Exilium-Network reopened was the position of the Head-GM that I have been calling myself until Exilium-Network closed.
My Trinity Core commands as a GM are really fluent because I'm currently practising them on Havoc.

10. Why do I feel that I would be a good addition to the HavocWoW Staff Team and what do I bring to an already thriving Staff Team?
I'm already part of the staff team ergo nothing would change except my permission and tasks what would really improve my efficiency.

11. A brief description of myself
I am Julian (18) from Munich, Germany and started playing WotLk in 2013. My main classes throughout these years were hunter, druid and paladin. In real life I do my A levels right now and practise boxing on an international amateur level and fitness training around three times a week. I will hopefully start working in a leading position at the Bavarian police after I finished school.

12. Approximately how many hours weekly am I willing to dedicate if I am hired?
Since I've became a HavocWoW staff member I don't think that I can give any valuable answer to that question. 

13. What qualities do I possess that can be beneficial for your server?
All those I bring with me as a GM and in addition I'm quite talented at coding webapps and got basic knowledge in C++ and LUA. My sql knowledge is huge.

14. What would you do if a player is doing something wrong and yet there is no rule against it?
I would screenrecord his action. I would ask him why he does, what he does and if he thinks that it's right to do that. Then I would talk to him and tell him it's not automatically allowed if it's not forbidden and that he should not continue doing it. The process afterwards would be to communicate with the team about a new rule against that situation and maybe sanction the player if it seems like he knew it was something wrong.

15. What would you do if you catch a player being disrespectful towards a staff member?
I would talk to him on a moral basis first and ask him what he would feel like if he spends time to give other people the opportunity to have fun and warn him. If he doesn't realise that he did something wrong and continues being disrespectful I'd mute him as a first sanction.

16. My contributions I currently make to the community:
I am an active gm and helping out with web development on HavocWoW. I also built the leading guild that includes almost half our often playing community. 

17. If I get accepted, on which position would I like to emphasize on and why?
I'd like to continue being a GM and start as a Developer (including CC) in addition.

18. My definition of "teamwork":
"Teamwork" means for me to work together in the best way for each participant if it is a productive action that doesn't take more time for the team in comparison to one person working.

Scenario Questions [Mandatory]

1. A Player makes a ticket asking you to give him items because he is unable to get them himself, such as original Legendary Weapons, how do you respond?
"I am sorry but the staff shouldn't interfere the gameplay with actions that favor a specific player. You may just use the HavocWoW-custom gear and transmog items or use the Item Requester together with our armory."

2. You have muted a player for being disrespectful towards the Staff, he then makes a Ticket cussing, insulting and persistently insults you and/or other staff members, what do you do?
I would freeze him, talk to him and decide about a potential sanction looking on his following behavior.

3. You find a player hacking on our Server, what do you do to minimize the situation, if you're unable to ban him?
Record my screen, freeze him and summon him to the box under the GM Island, talk to him and kick him.

4. Your friends are asking you to host an Event so they're able to get a new mount or another available reward they currently do not have, how do you proceed? 
I would tell them, that I will not prefer my friends because I need to be impartial as a GM and I will only host events, when I think it's the right time for it.

5. You first come online and you notice that there are 2 other Staff Members online yet there is still a high number of tickets active but have remained un-answered, what would you do to help but avoid the same situation in the future?
I would help answer the tickets and ask the others why they couldn't answer them and try to understand their situation or tell them to avoid it in the future.

Greetings

Tide

• Like 1

Denied.

/lock
Best Regards,
Lex