Arcane

No's GM Application

12 posts in this topic

1) Age?
2) What are your In-game character names [Names that players would most know you by]?
No; Lidlphoon.
3) How long have you currently been with us on HavocWoW and what are your contributions up to this point?  2 weeks.
4) What is your timezone? 
+1 GMT (CET)
5) How many hours do you spend In-game on a day to day basis?
2-3 hours on weekdays, 6-10 on weekends.
6) Have or do you currently play Retail, if so; how long and which expansions? 
Yes I have since the start / mid Vanilla and still active, I skipped Cata though.
7) Have you ever been banned In-Game or on the Forums? If so; specify the reason and duration. 
I have not.
8) Have you ever made another application(s) on HavocWoW before? If so; please provide a link to the thread and details.
Negative.
9) Do you have any previous Gamemaster experience and how fluent are you with Trinity Core commands?
I know my way with commands very well. I know how GM Genie works. Overall I have a solid 2-3 years GM experience.
10) Why do you feel that you would be a good addition to the HavocWoW Staff Team and what do you bring to an already thriving Staff Team?
I feel like I qualify greatly for being a GM as I know my way with players well as I'm a player too and will know what it's like to be in their shoes. Never change a winning team unless you're adding more good players, like myself, to that team.
11) Briefly describe yourself within 350 or less words. (Please include your first name, where you live, your personal interests and your age).
For privacy reasons my first name will remain unknown to the greater public, with the team I'd be more than happy to share personal information. On the forums I'd rather not. I live in the Netherlands.
12) Anything you would like to add? (optional question)
Nothing comes to mind right now. If I have any questions or anything to add I'll let a higher-up know!

1. A Player makes a ticket asking you to give him items because he is unable to get them himself, such as original Legendary Weapons, how do you respond?
I would tell the player I am unable to view logs and confirm that this is the case. I would tell someone in bigger power that they should look at it and give it  priority or not. If they then complain that it's taking too long I would tell them to be patient. I myself have no problem with giving out vanity items (within reason) but that all depends on situation and if the general server rules allow for me to do that.

2. You have muted a player for being disrespectful towards the Staff, he then makes a Ticket cussing, insulting and persistently insults you and/or other staff members, what do you do?
In cases like these I'd turn to temp banning the player and before I do I would let them know why. Insulting staff members and or players is a solid no-go in my book and I will act accordingly.

3. You find a player hacking on our Server, what do you do to minimize the situation, if you're unable to ban him?
I would freeze the player in place and distract and stretch time as far as I can to get someone who can ban to further deal with the situation.

4. Your friends are asking you to host an Event so they're able to get a new mount or another available reward they currently do not have, how do you proceed? 
I would bluntly tell them no.

5. You first come online and you notice that there are 2 other Staff Members online yet there is still a high number of tickets active but have remained un-answered, what would you do to help but avoid the same situation in the future?
I would tell the other gm's to get on with their job and sort tickets while I handle some myself.

Edited by Arcane (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Any feedback on my app would be greatly appreciated as any points I can improve on would be extremely helpful. <3

I support it !  I hope you will be applied as a GM. Good Luck with it. :)

@Something We appreciate all feedback but please keep the reviewing of GM apps to Staff members. And @Arcane Are you still able to recall on which Server/s you had your GM experience and maybe even which rank you were in?

Regards
Glitch

@Glitch Primarily Twisted-WoW WoWBeez and a few more that I can't remember the name of atm.

1. I would ask you which ranks you have been in Twisted-WoW and WoWBeez.

2. How long you've been Game Master in this servers and why you leave them?

Your application seems clear and nice for me.

Neutral.

Edited by DarkFear (see edit history)

Hey there @Arcane, was just wondering about a few things! 

1. What can you bring to the server regarding content?
2. What all did you do with the previous servers?

3. What would you say are your greatest strengths and weaknesses when working with others as well as players?

-Best of luck!

Supafrosty/Grump

@DarkFear I've been head admin on Twisted-WoW and just a normal gm on WoWBeez. I've been gms with both since the start of their launch. I left because the server (WoWBeez) shut down and Twisted because I didn't like the responsibility i had to carry. I ran the in-game servers practically.

@Supafrosty I'm not good with making / creating content if it's either scripting or copy pasting models or hosting events. I was the in-game gm for both of them handling tickets and more personal issues.

Greetings, Arcane!
As far as I see, the other staff members have already asked you plenty of great questions, I would like to ask you the following thing:

As a staff member, how would you contribute to the server development (in positive manner of course) ?

Why are you so keen to do this ?

Other than that, the application seems quite ''uniform''. It might be caused by these few points:

• Non-existent question/answer  borders (makes everything look like a wall of text, which hurts my eyes, I'm pretty much sure that it caused the same effect towards the others that previously commented).
  • Missing answer on a question (Please, bare in mind that this template has been created, so the players would answer the questions accordingly).

You didn't answer to the eleventh question, It is not mandatory to tell us your name, but how about your hobbies ? Afterwards you're applying for a certain position, which means that if you get approved, you shall deal with our community.
Can you please clarify this part about this application (excluding your name) ?

Best Regards,

Lex

@Alex Depending on what type of development you mean; I can't help a great deal because of the fact that I can't code for nothing.

I'm keen on doing this because I've been greatly enjoying the server so far and would love to help moderate in-game. I'm part of this lovely community as a player and I'd love to keep it a nice one.

About the points you brought up that could've made the post better, I certainly agree. In retrospect I could've made them more clearly separate. For future posts like this I will definitely change the layout.

My personal interests lie in playing video games (Overwatch, CSGO, Fortnite, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone and Oldschool Runescape mainly). Cooking IRL and biking.

If there's anything else I can clear up please let me know.