2) What are your In-game character names [Names that players would most know you by]?
Drawma and Cynical, but more often than not, Drawma.
3) How long have you currently been with us on HavocWoW and what are your contributions up to this point?
I originally started playing about 5 months ago, but only recently started back up and started fresh with new characters, and I've been active since. At the moment my contributions are limited to just helping players out in world chat and running players through some of the raids and world bosses. I'm always on the lookout for ways to contribute, though. And being on the forums now opens up more opportunities for that, so I'll be on the lookout.
4) What is your timezone?
PST. (UTC -8:00)
5) How many hours do you spend In-game on a day to day basis?
Typically ranging anywhere between 3 and 4+ hours, depending on the day of the week. I work afternoons, and I get home around 9:30 PM PST, and I play usually until 1-2 AM.
6) Have or do you currently play Retail, if so; how long and which expansions?
I currently do not play retail, but I started playing retail at the beginning of 2005 with intermittent hiatuses. But I played through end-game content in vanilla and every expansion up to the most recent (including Legion.) Most of my hours went in to WotLK, though. My current main character on retail has about 115 days of /played, and several weeks to months of /played on my alts.
7) Have you ever been banned In-Game or on the Forums? If so; specify the reason and duration.
I have never been banned.
8) Have you ever made another application(s) on HavocWoW before? If so; please provide a link to the thread and details.
This is my first time applying!
9) Do you have any previous Gamemaster experience and how fluent are you with Trinity Core commands?
I do have previous GM experience, however not so much in recent years. However, I've used TrinityCore quite a bit in my own free time in just the past year, so I'm well-versed in most of the commands.
10) Why do you feel that you would be a good addition to the HavocWoW Staff Team and what do you bring to an already thriving Staff Team?
I love being able to help out, whether it be with the players or the staff. Anything to give people a more enjoyable experience playing on the server. I have tons of WoW experience and private server experience (both playing and working on), and I'd like to use that experience and share my knowledge and ideas to help an already constantly growing server grow more, while bringing the community together.
12) Briefly describe yourself within 350 or less words. (Please include your first name, where you live, your personal interests and your age).
My real name is Chris, I'm 22 (23 in July) and I currently live in Seattle, Washington. I'm an assistant manager at a local car wash, because, well... you have to pay the bills somehow. Technology is my real passion though. Computers, specifically. I spent most of my childhood building computers for family members and friends, playing games, doing graphic design/web development, and browsing the internet for memes. When I'm not playing games (WoW and Fortnite mostly nowadays), I'm spending my free time with my two year old daughter.
Scenario Questions [Mandatory]
1. A Player makes a ticket asking you to give him items because he is unable to get them himself, such as original Legendary Weapons, how do you respond?
Items (custom or not) have to be earned or purchased. If the item is available through the item requester (which in this scenario, most legendaries are NOT available through the item requester), then I would point the player in the right direction. If it's not available through the item requester, then I would let the player know how/where he can obtain it.
2. You have muted a player for being disrespectful towards the Staff, he then makes a Ticket cussing, insulting and persistently insults you and/or other staff members, what do you do?
I would give the player a 24-48 hour ban, depending on how severe and persistent the harassment is.
(If the harassment continued after the ban is lifted, I would re-ban for a longer amount of time. (7 days, 14 days, 1 month, etc.))
3. You find a player hacking on our Server, what do you do to minimize the situation, if you're unable to ban him?
First and foremost, always have screen capture ready (videos speak louder than words). I would teleport the player to a remote location (I used to use the prison under GM Island), and freeze the player from moving. I would give a warning to the player and let them know that continuing to use the hack will lead to a ban. I would keep an eye on the player, and if the hacking continued, I would have it reported to someone who would be able to ban them, along with my proof.
4. Your friends are asking you to host an Event so they're able to get a new mount or another available reward they currently do not have, how do you proceed?
Well, before hosting an event, I'd make sure that there aren't any open tickets But I would let the player/friend know that event prizes and details are decided by me or whichever GM hosts the event. And just because they're my "friend", doesn't mean that they are guaranteed to win. Events have to be won fair and square. If it's not fair to everyone involved, how is that fun?
5. You first come online and you notice that there are 2 other Staff Members online yet there is still a high number of tickets active but have remained un-answered, what would you do to help avoid the same situation in the future?
I would check with the other GM's and see if there was a reason the tickets weren't being answered, and ask for their help in getting some of them resolved (if they aren't already working on it.) If it turned out that the GM's were intentionally not answering tickets, I would send a private message to an admin/superior and let them know.
Thanks for reading! If you have any questions or would like me to elaborate on anything, feel free to ask!
Chris / Drawma